Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Through the joy and the sorrow...

Gems of Reflection: Week 31
There are many things in this life that bring me joy. The gospel, for example - it brings me such joy to know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me, that he loves me, and wants to bless me and bring me happiness. I am so grateful for the Atonement, and for the knowledge I possess that we can return to our Heavenly Father again through the Savior, Jesus Christ. 

My absolute greatest joy; however, is my family - and to know that I am sealed to them for time and all eternity. My life is centered around my husband and my children - they are my reason for living - and to know that we, as a family, can be together forever, is the greatest gift that I can ever imagine. To see their smiling faces, and to know they are healthy and happy - growing and thriving - makes me as happy as I can be.

Now, as all things must have their opposite - my greatest sorrow is to see the ones I love suffering; whether it be as a direct result of choices they have made, or because circumstances in their lives are causing them to experience trial and hardship, it is so painful to watch them experience these trying times. I try to be a positive influence by reminding those in my life that we are children of our Heavenly Father, that he loves us and wants us to succeed and be happy - but sometimes, they have to figure their own way out of the darkness, and I often feel helpless as I am forced to sit back and watch those I love struggle to find the will to fight through the trials of their faith. 

These experiences have a way of strengthening my own testimony; though, for I see how the Lord plays such a significant role in guiding us through our trials. I am grateful for the gospel in my own life, and for the Atonement. With the help of our Savior, we can do hard things. 




related links:

I Can Do Hard Things

A Hope of Heaven's Light

52 Gems of Reflection


No comments:

Post a Comment