Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hatching out of my shell

I have finally done it - I've official jumped on the blog-writing band wagon. My decision to concede in this matter was derived simply from my love of writing and a desire to seek an outlet for doing so. For as long as I can remember, writing has been in my blood. Some (like my mother, whose bias opinion of my writing prevents her from being objective, I am sure) might call it a gift. If that is the case, then the parable of the gifts is definitely relevant, as I have found myself plagued of late with a seriously inconvenient case of writer's block. Though I may have possessed an affinity for writing in my youth, it does not come so easily to me now. The last decade of my life has been spent focusing on other, more pressing responsibilities: child bearing, keeping a home, providing physically and spiritually for my children, etc...and I have failed to allot the amount of time necessary in nurturing my talents. I have realized recently; however, that if Heavenly Father did indeed bless me with this gift, then it is also my duty to magnify it and cultivate it; hence, the blog. :)

This, however, is not a blog about writing. There are many facets to the idea of who I am as a person. I am a mother of three beautiful children and wife to the most amazing, loving husband in the world. Aside from writing, I also love poetry, I love to read (the Regency romance era is my favorite - I sometimes feel like I was born in the wrong century), to bake, to cook, to spend time with my family, and I consider myself to be somewhat of a grammar enthusiast. I have also recently started learning how to sew, and though I still consider myself a novice in this area, I have had some amazing adventures in the learning process, some of which I hope to share with my readers in the future, should the opportunity present itself. 

As a writer, I wish to share all of who I am with my readers - maybe even one day with the world. Even if no one actually reads my blog, I know in my heart that it is at least an excellent outlet for my writing. 

C.S. Lewis said, "It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." So here it is - my attempt at hatching out of my shell - in a blog about all things ME. :)

Photo found at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/04/13/before-you-eat-that-breakfast-sandwich-read-this/

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca. You said you started one too? Send me a link so I can return the favor. :)

      Delete