Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Thousand More

I was reflecting today on all of the collapsing marriages in this world, and how so many couples have problems in their relationships because of disloyalty, dishonesty, infidelity, etc. Satan seems to be on a mission to destroy the family unit these days, and I recognize how lucky I am to have found someone who has integrity, has a deep level of commitment, who honors his covenants, genuinely loves his family, and not only wants us to be happy, but sacrifices so much to make us so. I look at him playing with our children and my heart swells, for I know that he is such an incredible, loving man, and we are so lucky to have him.

Now, I don't know what it is about this song, but from the first time I heard it, I was in love. When I hear it now, it gives me chills, for it reminds me of my own journey to love. I think back on all the experiences in my life that have shaped me into the person I am today, and I recall a time when I didn't feel worthy of happiness - thought I'd never find my eternal companion. Heavenly Father had a different plan for me, though; and I can honestly say that I have never been happier in all my life than I am now.


So today, I am dedicating this song to the love of MY life. Though our relationship isn't perfect, I sincerely feel like we complement each other in so many ways. He makes me want to be a better woman, wife, mother, and friend - and I hope that I inspire him in that same way. I know that I have so much to look forward to in our future together - so, here is to a thousand (years) more. <3



Source: twowritingteachers.wordpress.com via The Purple on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I love this song. And I'm so glad you have someone to love and love you in return. xo

    ReplyDelete