Monday, October 21, 2013

Eat Dessert First

Gems of Reflection, #38
I don't really think there is a secret to good health. It all boils down to eating right and getting a consistent amount of exercise. That being said, I have always been one to allow myself to indulge in the sweet pleasures of life (if you haven't figured it out by now, I LOVE food). My motto: Eat dessert first. Hehe.

Okay, Okay - I know that that isn't the best advice. Our health should be a top priority, especially when it is such a huge factor in our quality of life. I will say this though: if we practice moderation in all things, the occasional sweet indulgence would not have such a huge impact on our overall health. Not only that, but regular exercise can do so many great things for our body's physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Knowing that doesn't make the "doing it" part any easier all the time, but I know that I am really going to make getting healthy a priority in this coming year.

My health hasn't been so great over the last year, and I wonder how much of that has to do with environment vs. diet/exercise. I will say this though: being pregnant with my 4th child (at age 31) has made me realize that this body needs to get healthy and stay healthy. So, here's to a year of focusing on our health and well-being. Now, if only I could get my lung capacity back up to par so that regular exercise was not so taxing. ::sigh::

Anyway, on to the second part of this question: What is it like to live with me? Well, I would like to say that life is all puppy dogs and rainbows here in the Jackson household (haha), but I am sure that there are days when my kids (and maybe even my husband) want to disown me. I'll just chalk that up to pregnancy hormones though. As for the rest, it's nothing that can't be made right with some good old homemade chicken soup and homemade bread...or cookies...or cupcakes. ;)





Related link:

52 Gems of Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment