Monday, December 2, 2013

A Testimony of Life and Marriage

Gems of Reflection, #48
First off, I want to apologize for all the Gems posts lately. I have been trying desperately to get caught up on November's posts so that I would be able to write the first of December's posts today, since it is the first Monday of the month - and woo hoo! I did it. Hallelujah. Hehe.

It's a miracle, I know, but hopefully I will be able to stay on task through all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season so that these final few Gems posts will appear every Monday, as regularly scheduled, until the end of the year.

Man, I can hardly believe that we only have 4 short weeks left (after today) until we reach the end of our Gems of Reflection challenge. Even moreso, I can't believe that such little time remains until the commencement of 2014. The older I get, the faster time seems to fly on by.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand. I have a firm testimony in the Plan of Salvation, and I know that we lived with our Heavenly Father before we came to this Earth, that we chose His plan, and that we are here to prove faithful to Him in all that we do, to follow the example of the Savior and to endure to the end so that we can return to Him when the time comes.

I know that our loving Heavenly Father does not expect us to be perfect, but because of the sacrifice of the Savior, we are able to be redeemed through Him and become perfected as we strive to live the commandments and emulate the example of our elder brother, Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life, and for the knowledge I possess that gives me purpose in this life. I am grateful for my family, for the gift of motherhood, and for the many beautiful and wonderful experiences, which that blessing affords. I know that Heavenly Father wants us to experience joy in this life, and that He has promised us so many blessings if we only remain faithful and righteous - and though I don't dare to claim perfection, I do strive to let the light of Christ shine through me, that I might teach my children the importance of the gospel in their life, that they may come to gain a testimony of their own, and to know in their hearts that Heavenly Father loves them and has a plan for them too.

I love my family, and I am so grateful for the blessings of marriage. I have a firm testimony in The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and I know that those words were received through revelation from our Heavenly Father. I know that marriage between a man and woman is ordained of God, and that through the power of the priesthood, families can be together forever - bound together eternally through the Abrahamic Covenant.

I love being married to a man who honors his priesthood and strives to better himself because of his love for the gospel and his family. Marriage is not always easy, but it brings me such happiness - striving as a union toward raising a family in righteousness, and fumbling through this scary thing called parenthood - together. Our relationship is not perfect, and we definitely don't always see eye-to-eye, but I can't imagine my life without my eternal companion, and I thank Heavenly Father for the gift of marriage daily. I have become a better person through the trials we have overcome together, and I know that as we strive to be righteous parents for our children, going before the Lord in prayerful supplication, He will guide us and will bless us with the strength and wisdom to be the parents that each of our children needs and deserves.

Please feel free to share your own testimony of life and marriage in the comments below, or post a link where we might visit your blog to share in your thoughts on this topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment