Tuesday, December 24, 2013

This Christmas Eve...

Yay! It's Christmas Eve. I cannot express how excited I am that tomorrow is Christmas! L is 3-years old this year, and so it is the first time that he has really started to understand who Santa Claus is and that he comes to visit on Christmas, bringing toys and goodies for all the good little girls and boys. He even wrote his own little letter to Santa this year (with Mom's help, of course), and every day, he wakes up trying to convince me that it's Christmas so he can open his presents. Hehe. He asked to help me make sugar cookies and has also started requesting Christmas songs when we have our singing time right before nap.

Last night, we took the kids to Glittering Lights at The Las Vegas Motor Speedway and we had so much fun driving through the plethora of incredible light displays, jammin' out to Christmas music, and enjoying time as a family. Today, I made homemade bread and cinnamon rolls for us all to enjoy with our breakfast tomorrow morning after opening presents, and I can't wait to see the look on L's face when he wakes up to find what Santa brought him. Seeing the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes always makes the season so special for me. I love being a parent, and being able to take part in making the holidays special for my kids.

This past Sunday, we had Christmas dinner with my mom, grandma, and the rest of my family at my brother's house. We did a little family-gift exchange, decorated sugar cookies, the kids (eight cousins in all) colored little, wooden ornaments to exchange with each other, and we all enjoyed some yummy ham and Christmas fixins.

Family is definitely one of my most favorite things to celebrate throughout the holiday season, and I am so grateful that I have family close to share in the magic of the season.

So, from my family to yours, Merry Christmas!

This beautiful piece of art was gifted to M by my 3-year-old nephew. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment