Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Reasons Why...

So, today is mine and my husband's 6-year anniversary. I wanted to do something special for him this year, and got the perfect idea when I saw this column by Jason F. Wright, author of Christmas Jars, Wednesday Letters, and many more. I remember my husband doing something similar for me during our first year of marriage - it was after we'd had an argument though...

After taking some time to cool off, he had sat down to write a top-10 list of reasons why he married me, and ended up with a whole page-full of reasons. I thought it was the most thoughtful, romantic gesture he had made up to that point in our marriage - and to this day, it hangs on the wall in our bedroom. It is funny how a simple piece of paper can become so meaningful. I mean, I don't even remember what our argument was about that day, but I do remember that list he made and how it made me feel. It still makes me smile to read it now, and to think of how much more in love with him I have become since that day - through all of the disagreements, the making-up, and the growing (up) together that has transpired along the way.

Jason F. Wright's list included one reason why he loves his wife for every year that she has been alive (he wrote this column for her birthday), and since we've only been married for six years, I thought it would be a greater expression of my love to follow his example and do the same. I mean, how easy would it have been to just come up with six reasons? Hehe.

So, to my husband, the love of my life, my best friend, and eternal companion: I less-than-three you with all of my heart (hehe). I thank Heavenly Father for you every day, and I look forward to all of the making-up that awaits us in our future together. <3

Now, without further ado:

I love that...
1. You honor your priesthood and
2. marriage covenants;
3. You are such a talented musician and
4. teacher;
5. You inspire me to be the best version of myself;
6. You inspire me to reach for my dreams;
7. You are confident and know how to go for the things you want (and when you do, the competition doesn't stand a chance. Hehe);
8.  You have a solid testimony of the gospel, and
9. Attend church every Sunday, even though you work graveyard and are usually doing so on little to no sleep;
10. You willingly sacrifice so much for our family, and I never hear you complain;
11. You have a warped sense of humor (haha), but you keep me on my toes, and keep me laughing;
12. You love your country, and
13. Are not afraid to fight for what you believe in;
14. You are not afraid to admit when you are wrong,
15. Nor too prideful to correct your mistakes and improve yourself;
16. You have a sweet, tender side that shows every time our sweet baby girl puts her head on your shoulder and wraps her arms around your neck;
17. You make me feel like I don't need to wear a lot of makeup to be beautiful;
18. You have righteous desires for our family, and
19. Strive to raise our children unto the Lord;
20. You have an incredibly sexy smile;
21. You are an amazing kisser ;)
22. I never get tired of spending time with you;
23. You have exposed the kids and me to a whole new world of music (classical, etc...),
24. And entertainment (Miyazaki films, for example);
25. You take pleasure in the simple things in life - like looking at the stars;
26. You accept me for who I am, and love me in-spite of my weaknesses;
27. You gave me two extremely beautiful, lovable babies - and you love our daughter (MNM) as though she were your own;
28. You like to play with my hair;
29. You are selfless and loving - you always put others before yourself;
30. You take time to get down on the floor and play with the kids - tickling them until they crack up laughing;
31. You are easy to please and you enjoy my cooking;
32. You are such an awesome dad, and our children love you unconditionally;
33. You occasionally and unexpectedly do thoughtful, little things to make me happy - like folding towels and changing diapers without being asked. Then, you crack me up with your comments about how conceal carrying while doing so makes the task more manly. Haha.
34. You still take me on dates and open the door for me (even though I sometimes have to give you the evil eye. Haha); and
35. You are faithful and loving, a truly devoted husband.

I know - I totally just gave away your age...hehe. It was for a good cause, though. ;) Anyway, I want you to know that I am thankful for all of the things that make you who you are (yes, even the things that drive me crazy), and I grow more in love with you every day. Happy Anniversary, Mi Amor. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment