Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Return of Thankful Thursday.

Because today is Thursday, and because it has been SO long since I have written a Thankful Thursday post, I wanted to take a moment today to show my gratitude for some of the things I have been feeling especially grateful for lately. First off, today is the anniversary of the death of Joseph Smith (he died June 27, 1844), so I would feel extremely ungrateful if I did not express my gratitude to him for restoring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Earth.
Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it (D&C 135:3).
Joseph Smith: Photo by Lds.org
On a different note, it is summer time, and since M is leaving to visit her dad for five weeks on Saturday (frowny face), I have been trying to think of fun activities to do with her all week. In that regard, I am grateful for gift certificates to get manis/pedis, accidentally discovering new places for amazingly good grub, cute (yet inexpensive) sunglasses, See's candy, cheap entertainment (drive-in movies and community swimming pools), new nail polish (a girl has got to have her little guilty pleasures), and movie nights. I am seriously going to miss that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment