|Photo by The Purple Lady.|
This week, I am thankful for:
1. Forgiveness, and the ability we have as humans to overlook the faults and mistakes of those we love, allowing our experiences to strengthen our relationships with each other;
2. Patience - the one thing that keeps me from killing my kids (and even my husband. haha) some days (come on, I know you can relate. lol);
3. Relief Society meetings that uplift us when our spirits are in desperate need of uplifting;
4. Sippy cups - because let's face it, without them, I would hate carpet even more than I already do;
5. Prayer - because some days it's the only way I am able to survive this parenting thing. Just when I think I am getting the hang of it, life throws me a curveball and I find myself on my knees asking the Lord for guidance. It is only through prayer that I am able to find the strength and the answers to continue enduring;
6. Space heaters, warm socks, and cozy pajamas - we live in an old house that doesn't have central heating;
7. Hot chocolate - please refer to #6. ;)
8. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and dental insurance - after all, dental hygiene is important. :)
9. My awesome visiting teaching companion who makes visiting teaching an experience to look forward to. She is dedicated and reliable, and always makes sure we are diligent in visiting our sisters; and
10. Eternal Families - my family is my world and I am grateful that families can be together forever. :)
Seeing as how this is my last post for the 2013 gratitude challenge, I just want to thank The Purple Lady for inviting me to participate, again inspiring me to maintain an attitude of gratitude, rejuvenating my soul with appreciation for all that I have. The real challenge now is to strive toward keeping this attitude alive throughout the entire year - and not just at Thanksgiving time, when these expressions of gratitude are so prominent.
Again, I will invite you all to participate in this challenge by writing your own list. Feel free to do so in the comments below, or leave a link to your own blog where we may go to view it. Thank you for taking the time to read this post today - and if you are a returning viewer, thank you for your loyalty. I appreciate you and am thankful to have an outlet to express my love of life and gratitude to the Lord for all I have.
Happy Thanksgiving, with love.
|Photo source: Mormon.org|