Monday, November 25, 2013

Singing Praises of Thanksgiving (3)

Photo by The Purple Lady.
Yesterday, we had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my family since some of us will be out of town when the real feast day arrives, so I didn't get around to posting this list. However, I didn't want to miss this last opportunity to participate in the Thanksgiving challenge, so here is my weekly gratitude list.

This week, I am thankful for:

1. Forgiveness, and the ability we have as humans to overlook the faults and mistakes of those we love, allowing our experiences to strengthen our relationships with each other;
2. Patience - the one thing that keeps me from killing my kids (and even my husband. haha) some days (come on, I know you can relate. lol);
3. Relief Society meetings that uplift us when our spirits are in desperate need of uplifting;
4. Sippy cups - because let's face it, without them, I would hate carpet even more than I already do;
5. Prayer - because some days it's the only way I am able to survive this parenting thing. Just when I think I am getting the hang of it, life throws me a curveball and I find myself on my knees asking the Lord for guidance. It is only through prayer that I am able to find the strength and the answers to continue enduring;
6. Space heaters, warm socks, and cozy pajamas - we live in an old house that doesn't have central heating;
7. Hot chocolate - please refer to #6. ;)
8. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and dental insurance - after all, dental hygiene is important. :)
9. My awesome visiting teaching companion who makes visiting teaching an experience to look forward to. She is dedicated and reliable, and always makes sure we are diligent in visiting our sisters; and
10. Eternal Families - my family is my world and I am grateful that families can be together forever. :)

Seeing as how this is my last post for the 2013 gratitude challenge, I just want to thank The Purple Lady for inviting me to participate, again inspiring me to maintain an attitude of gratitude, rejuvenating my soul with appreciation for all that I have. The real challenge now is to strive toward keeping this attitude alive throughout the entire year - and not just at Thanksgiving time, when these expressions of gratitude are so prominent.

Again, I will invite you all to participate in this challenge by writing your own list. Feel free to do so in the comments below, or leave a link to your own blog where we may go to view it. Thank you for taking the time to read this post today - and if you are a returning viewer, thank you for your loyalty. I appreciate you and am thankful to have an outlet to express my love of life and gratitude to the Lord for all I have.

Happy Thanksgiving, with love.

Photo source: Mormon.org


No comments:

Post a Comment