Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 11: Food that heals

Photo by The Purple Lady
For the past few days, my hubby, my kids and I have all been feeling a bit under the weather, so last night I started a big batch of homemade bone stock, which I left to simmer over night.

When I woke up this morning, not only was the house filled with the amazing aroma of the brewing broth, but Z and I were also able to enjoy a tasty cup-full of its delicious, beneficial goodness - and almost immediately, I could feel the awesome healing properties working their magic. :)

Later, I used a portion of the stock to make some yummy homemade chicken soup, which we pretty much have been munching on all day long. So, today I am grateful for foods that have amazing healing properties. It's just incredible how something as simple as homemade soup can seem to make the aches and pains of an illness go away.

You are probably telling yourself that the vitamin D from the bone stock is responsible for these feelings of improving health. But I swear, it is the extra dose of love that I sprinkle in the soup when I make it - works every time. ;)

Homemade bone stock...yum! :)

Some other foods with awesome healing properties, for which I am grateful today are lemons, honey, garlic, and herbal tea. Here's to a speedy recovery!



Related Link:

All Things Purple: Thirty Days of Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment