Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 24: The 2nd Amendment

My husband took me on a date to a gun range tonight, and it was seriously the best fun I've had in a long time. It was the first time I've ever shot a firearm, so I was really nervous at first, but in a giddy, school girl kind of way. The experience was so amazing though. By the time we left, I felt so empowered, so strong. I know I still have a lot to learn when it comes to holding my own on that front, but today, I am grateful for the 2nd Amendment, - the right to bear arms. I am a firm believer that we should be able to maintain this right - to have the ability to protect ourselves and our families from those who would mean to cause us harm, and I am grateful that my husband loves me enough and cares about his family enough to arm me with this form of confidence and protection, should the need to apply it ever arise in his absence.

I truly hope that the occasion to actually have to utilize this skill (one that I know will only increase with continued practice) will never be necessary, but I am looking forward to the fun that we'll have in the learning process. Personally, I am already ready for round two (pun intended. hehe). ;)

Photo by The Purple Lady



Related link:

All Things Purple: Thirty Days of Gratitude


No comments:

Post a Comment