Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 20: Temples

Photo by The Purple Lady
Words cannot express the amount of gratitude I have for the temples on this earth, especially for the beautiful temple that we are so fortunate to have in our midst. I think of all the people in the world that have to invest their life savings to make one trip to the temple - just to have their own work done, and here I am - five minutes away from the Las Vegas temple, and I recognize what an amazing gift that truly is.

I am grateful for temple ordinances, and I know that the work performed there is ordained of God. I am grateful for the ability that I have to be sealed to my family for time and all eternity, a blessing which we would not be able to partake of without the presence of a temple. I am also grateful for the opportunity that we have as members of the Church to return to the temple often. When I am in the temple, I feel the presence of the Lord so profoundly, and it is impossible not to feel His love for us as we receive blessings through performing temple ordinances.

The temple is such an amazing place to be - a place where you can find true comfort and peace in a world that is otherwise filled with chaos and confusion, and I am grateful for that little piece of Heaven on earth. :)






Related link:

All Things Purple: Thirty Days of Gratitude





No comments:

Post a Comment