Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 4: A testimony

Photo by The Purple Lady

Seeing as how today is Fast Sunday, I felt that it would be appropriate to focus my thoughts on how grateful I am for a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is His true church, that He is my Savior, and that the gospel was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith through divine revelation. I know that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, and that we have a true prophet on the Earth today.

I am grateful for a temple in our midst, and I have a testimony that the work performed there is ordained of God, that families can be together forever, and that immense blessings will come to those who remain worthy to hold a recommend and return to the temple often.

I am grateful for the power of the priesthood, and I know that through that power, amazing miracles can be performed and we can be blessed according to our faith. I am grateful for an incredible, loving, husband who honors his priesthood and cherishes the covenants that were made the day we were sealed in the temple for time and all eternity.

I am also grateful for the Plan of Salvation and for the knowledge I possess that I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father, that I am of divine worth, and have a purpose on this Earth. I know where I came from and where I am going - and that knowledge brings me comfort in times of trial, allowing me to see things from an eternal perspective. 

I strive each day to emulate the example of the Savior; though some days I fall short. I do know; however, that because of the Atonement, I can be forgiven of my shortcomings and can become perfected in Him, so that one day I might return to live with my Heavenly Father again.

Finally, I am grateful for the Purple Lady's invitation to participate in the Thirty Days of Gratitude challenge. It has given me the opportunity to pause for a moment each day to look past the daily trials life brings, to count my blessings, and to thank my Heavenly Father for all of the many things that uplift and enhance my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment