Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 6: Election Day

Photo by The Purple Lady
In honor of election day today, I felt inclined to focus my thoughts on how extremely grateful I am to live in a country where we have the freedom to choose which religion to practice, which career we will pursue, how many children we will have, and who we want to lead our country.

This election will go down in history as one of the most memorable, I am sure. It's definitely been the most controversial of my life experience, thus far. The issues this election are extremely important though; and they affect each of us as individuals. And because we have the ability to protect our rights and have our voices heard, it is so important that we get out there and vote.

Too often, the people of this country choose to surrender their right to vote because they allow themselves to remain ignorant of the issues, or because they don't want to get caught up in the confusion of the political hype. Well, it wasn't all that long ago that women were not even able to vote - and as a female citizen of this amazing country, I feel it is my duty to myself, my family, and my country to get out there and make my vote count.

I am grateful for the freedoms that we possess here in the United States - freedoms that we will lose if we are not careful. I just hope that others understand the importance of this election and make the decision to get out there and vote as well.

And for the record, Z and I voted during early voting. Go Team! :)






















Related Link:

All Things Purple: Thirty Days of Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment