Monday, November 26, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 26: Patience

I don't necessarily pride myself on being someone who comes by patience easily. It's something I pray for on a daily basis. But man...am I grateful for the patience that I was able to muster tonight after finding my 2-year-old on the living room floor with a black, permanent Sharpie marker. Not only did he take it upon himself to cover his lips, hands, legs, and arms, but there are now giant squiggle marks all over a huge section of the carpet in our living room and on the area rug. It was all over his building blocks, on one of The Drama Queen (my 12-year-old)'s sweaters, and as I walked into the kitchen with my jaw on the floor, I discovered that it was all over the tile AND on the kitchen wall as well. The most annoying part is that I was in the room with him while he created his masterpiece. I had just been preoccupied with Christmas shopping on my lap top. Doh!

Let's just say that the boy is lucky to be alive. He IS alive though - and it is only due to the patience, which I had to harness with every ounce of energy I could muster. He is lucky that I love him so much. For real. Oh, the joys of motherhood!

Photo by The Purple Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment