Friday, November 23, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 23: Sleep

Photo by The Purple Lady
Being that I am the mom of three children (two of which are under three), opportunities to get a good night's sleep are few and far between. I try to take naps with the babies during the day when I can, but that doesn't always work out, as random, unexpected factors usually prevent me from doing so.

Today was a rare occurrence, though. After taking part in some casual black Friday shopping, lunch with my family, and an outing to the movies, we all came home and crashed. I personally was so exhausted after hosting Thanksgiving dinner for 20+ people at my house yesterday. I think all of the physical and mental effort that was exerted over the last few days in preparation for the festivities, plus the fact that I've been so sick, finally took it's toll. I was so tired on the car-ride home from the movies that I literally could not keep my eyes open. It's a good thing my husband was driving. ;)

I cannot tell you how great I felt when I woke up. I was so rested and refreshed - I actually went out and did some more Christmas shopping. :-D

For real though, I am grateful for days like today when the stars align and I am able to get caught up on some precious, much-needed sleep. With the unpredictability of life, you have to seize every opportunity like this that is afforded to you. Heaven knows that the next one probably won't be for a while. :-/

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays!



Related link:

All Things Purple: Thirty Days of Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment