Friday, November 30, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 30: Family Time

Photo by The Purple Lady
Today is Day 30 of The Purple Lady's Thirty Days of Gratitude challenge, and I can honestly say that it has been a truly humbling, eye-opening experience. I honestly have so much to be thankful for, and reflecting on all of my many blessings over the course of this past month has really changed my thinking. I could probably participate in a 365 days of gratitude challenge, and I'd still be able to come up with new things every day for which I am grateful. Being that today is the 30th (and final) day of the challenge, I wanted to focus on something that is really significant to me; you know, saving the best for last: my family.

So, for those of you who don't know, my husband's schedule is absolutely ridiculous. He works full time, goes to school, plays tuba for The Las Vegas Philharmonic, and gives private instruction to middle school and high school low brass students. He is stretched extremely thin, so it's not often that we get to spend a lot of time together as a family. Friday is the ONE day of the week when he doesn't have work or school (although he usually has a lesson in the late afternoon), so Friday is usually family day. We often have day-dates while our daughter is at school (lunch and a movie, etc.), and then try to do something as a family in the evening.

Being that today is Friday, we took advantage of the time we were allotted to be together and spent a good part of the afternoon...wait for it...at the doctor's office. Haha. Yes, we've all been sick, so my husband and I went in to get checked out. Afterward, we did a little shopping (got a few more Christmas presents checked off the list. Woot), indulged in some yummy egg nog milk shakes from McDonalds, picked up some elderberries to make elderberry syrup, and then ended out the night with stromboli from The Tap House...YUM! When we got home, we FINALLY finished decorating the Christmas tree, which has been standing bare since Wednesday. It was awesome; too, because  my 2-year-old really showed interest in participating for the first time. :)

His first time hanging ornaments. He was so excited. :)
It may seem silly to get excited about the things we did today, but I am grateful for the time that I am blessed to spend with my family - in any capacity. My family is truly the center of my life - my reason for living - and I genuinely thank Heavenly Father for them every day, for I know that I am so abundantly blessed to have them in my life. <3




Related link:

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 29: My Babies

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 17: My Daughter

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 15: My Husband

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 11: Food That Heals

No comments:

Post a Comment