Friday, November 16, 2012

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 16: Prayer

Photo by The Purple Lady
Throughout my life, I have been blessed with so many experiences that have solidified my testimony of the power of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father loves each of His children, and that he hears and answers our prayers.

I was reading the scriptures with my family this morning and read in 2 Nephi 4 where Nephi is praying to the Lord after his father, Lehi, passed away. 2 Nephi 4:33-35 says:

33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thyarighteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine benemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy. 
 34 O Lord, I have atrusted in thee, and I will btrust in thee forever. I will not put my ctrust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his dtrust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm. 
 35 Yea, I know that God will give aliberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I bask cnot amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the drock of myerighteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately by fears and doubts regarding certain aspects of the world, and how those aspects will affect my family; specifically my children, but in reading Nephi's prayer to the Lord, and realizing that his prayer was not all that different from words that I speak in my own personal conversations with Him on a daily basis, I felt comfort and peace, for I knew that Heavenly Father had heard my prayers and was answering them through the words of the prophet, Nephi.

I am so grateful for the gift of prayer and for the ability that we have to communicate with our Heavenly Father directly on a daily basis, and I know that if we put our trust in the Lord and pray to Him in faith, our prayers will be heard and we will be blessed. :)



Related link:

I Can Do Hard Things!

The Road Less Traveled

All Things Purple: Thirty Days of Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment